The Good and Bad of Snow Days!

I’m a teacher, and I have a love/hate relationship with snow days. On the one hand, I love snow days. I had one yesterday. I stayed home in my sweats, and cleaned house all day. So now I won’t have to do it over the weekend. I did some ironing, and some laundry, but pretty much just relaxed and took it easy. No rush to do anything.

Then, I went back to school today. That’s where the hate part of this comes in. There are lesson plans that have to be changed and rearranged. And dates, and homework sheets that are now wrong, and kids who were wound up before the snow day are just as bad the day after.

So decisions. To have a snow day or not. Which one wins, love or hate. I think I’ll take them. It’s nice to look around the house and have everything almost caught up. I wonder when the next one will be? I could start cleaning out closets. 🙂

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Good and Bad of Snow Days!

1. Ha! That’s great you got some cleaning done! I love snow days because it’s a great surprise break, but if you want to go out to do anything else, you’re stuck. I suppose I just prefer summer altogether 🙂

2. Donna says:

I’ll take the snow day and deal with the consequences!

3. Jill Q says:

Snow days are never what they’re cracked up to be, but it’s so nice to have the majority of those weekend chores already done!

4. Ok then, I hope there will be another snow day so you can clean out your closets! Have fun 🙂

5. Giftbearer says:

That’s good that you had that snow day. It sounds like even though you stayed home you got things done you wouldn’t have otherwise.

6. Linda B says:

I would take them too.

7. Judy Russi says:

I would take a snow day —

8. Angela says:

Snow days are great! lol. And you got things done around the house, which is always a plus.

9. CalliopeCreations says:

May as well take the snowday. The kids will be climbing the walls and you won’t get much done with them, anyway.

One year we had two solid weeks of awful rains the two weeks before Christmas vacation. You’ve never heard such whining and crying and tattling and so on and that was just the teachers!

10. I understand! My best friends are teachers and they feel the EXACT same way.

11. Well, at least you got the housework done! LOL

12. Janet says:

It is always nice to be given a day to catch up and get things done!!! You can come help with my closets LOL

13. Marissa says:

I think I would vote to take them too given a choice!

14. Alva says:

Respected sir, your guidance will be very heupfll for ias appariants. this will guide helpless & poor student also to turn their dream in real success.thanks .